About Senior Counsels for Better Academic & Educational Competence
The Senior Counsels for Better Academic & Educational Competence is an association consisting of designated Senior Advocates hailing from Supreme Court of India and High Courts of various states of India with the primary objective to promote high ethical standards in the legal profession and to safeguard the rights, privileges, and interests of Senior Advocates specifically for healthy growth of the legal profession.
The association aims to work dynamically in order to promote and support law reforms and organize legal aid for the poor and Lok Adalats. The association conducts seminars, lectures, training courses, publish journals and papers of legal interests, etc.
- to give financial assistance and other help to the indigent, disabled Advocates, their families, and their dependents
- to pursue legal education and run various institutions including schools, hospitals, health centres and clubs.
- to have interaction with Bar Associations, Bar Councils of India, and other National and International Legal Institutions and tribunals.
- to open research institutions, colleges, universities, etc. undertake and promote the education and research in various other related subjects.
- to establish and maintain libraries and information services and special legal literacy amongst the people.
- to co-operate with national and international institutions for helping to establish the rule of law.
- to raise funds and accept donations and subscriptions by enrolling members and donors.
- to invest and deal with funds and appoint governing councils, committees, and sub-committees throughout India.
- to procure group insurance, old-age pension, housing facilities, offices/chambers and other benefits for its members.